SMA’s 2014 conference in Charlotte, November 3rd & 4th, promises to be the best ever. Once again, we are joining up with the Partners In Community Forestry conference to share venues and activities. We’ll have a great lineup of speakers and, of course, some great pre-conference workshops.
You’ll surely want to be a part of the 50th anniversary celebration, so mark your calendar now and stay tuned for further details.
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS NOW OPEN
Pre-conference workshops will be held on Monday, November 4, 2014 from noon till 4 pm. The main conference will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2014. This year’s theme is “Milestones in Urban Forestry – 50 Years of Growth”, and will focus on the evolving role of the municipal arborist/urban forester. Visit this page for full proposal requirements on the SMA website.
LIVECAST OF PITTSBURGH CONFERENCE AND Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) WORKSHOP AVAILABLE ONLINE
Want More of Your Staff to Share in the 2013 Conference Experience? Relive the highlights from the 49th Annual SMA Conference and Trade Show by purchasing a virtual livecast. This is a great tool to use as a platform for sharing best practices in urban forest partnership, planning and management, in addition to offering models of sustainability and innovation across all groups who serve community trees.
• Cost: $199
• Access the entire presentation online through October, 2014
• Includes the Emerald Ash Borer Workshop and
Day 1 of the Partners in Community Forestry Conference
• Earn 12 CEUs
• Watch any time for up to one year
WELCOME THE NEWEST SMA ACCREDITED URBAN FORESTRY PROGRAM
THE VILLAGE OF MOUNT PROSPECT, ILLINOIS
SMA has developed a peer-reviewed program that formally recognizes urban and community forestry programs for implementing excellent and comprehensive management practices. Accreditation is structured to build on the Arbor Day Foundation’s successful Tree City USA designation by incorporating additional professional standards deemed important by SMA for managing municipal trees. It also applies to programs internationally, not just in the United States. SMA Accreditation sets a high bar, and offers the highest recognition for notable accomplishments.
What are the benefits of becoming accredited?
• Use of the SMA Accreditation logo and promotional items, which demonstrates the quality of your program and recognition by your professional peers.
• Develops pride among citizens in your community for the forestry program, and demonstrates how tax dollars are yielding measurable results.
• Offers elected officials a public relations opportunity, and something to regularly boast about.
• Recognizes the work of your staff, and creates a source of pride.
• Gives your program a target for improving operations and upholding professionalism.
Get all the details on SMA accreditation and apply.